All Auditions will take place on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Muskingum University in New Concord, Ohio.
If you’re in college, looking for summer stock work, you’re SUMMER-ONLY.
If you’re graduating from college, or looking for full-time work, you’re YEAR-ROUND.
You must be at least 18 years old to audition.
Year-Round auditions will take place Saturday morning;
Summer-Only auditions will take place on Saturday afternoon.
You’ll need to arrive at the audition site in plenty of time to register and participate without feeling rushed. Please use the suggested schedule as a guide. You will receive a more detailed schedule in your audition confirmation email.
Based on 8:00 a.m. audition time:
- 7:00 a.m. Check in at registration desk; go to Green Room and wait for the usher
- 7:30 – 8:00 The usher takes you to the Warm-Up Room to practice with your accompanist
- 8:00 – 8:30 You, and your whole group, enter the Audition space to perform.
- 8:30 – 8:35 You, and your group, leave the Audition space and check for callbacks.
- 8:35 – 9:00 You, and your group, attend the optional feedback session.
- 9:30 – 10:00 You attend the dance training session.
- 12:00 – 1:00 You attend Dance Auditions.
- PM You schedule and attend your callbacks.
Everyone gets 90 seconds, whether you’re singing or not singing. Time starts when you begin acting or singing. Slates should be minimal; just your name and number.
Amazing accompanists will be provided. You will rehearse with your accompanist in the half-hour before you perform. The same accompanist will play when you perform for producers. You will have a limited amount of time to rehearse your piece with your accompanist. Most singers are able to go through their song only once, making sure the tempo is good.
Bring your sheet music in the proper key. Do not put your music in plastic sheets, in case the accompanist wants to pencil notes on the pages. If you are singing second (after performing your monologue), write the end-cue of your monologue on your music.
If you’re wondering how to improve your audition before callbacks, or if you didn’t get any callbacks and wonder why, we offer Immediate Feedback. Our responders will be watching auditions and taking notes, so you can get a specific, candid assessment on what went right (and wrong) with your audition. Responders will be available immediately following your audition.
Each producer determines what kind of callbacks they want to do. Some have group callbacks, some ask only for your headshot and resume, some do one-on-one callbacks. Several companies want to see a performer’s ability in the dance auditions and then determine additional callbacks. Even if you have no formal dance training, we encourage you to attend the Dance Auditions and do the “Mover” combination.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your music, if you’re a singer
- Appropriate clothes and shoes for Dance Auditions
- Tap shoes, if you tap
- Multiple copies of your headshot and resume for callbacks
- A variety of songs, in case a producer asks for additional material in your callback
PERFORMER REGISTRATION FORM & RESUMES
Audition slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The “Acting Form” is for performers of all types: actors, singers, and dancers.
This year’s audition forms are fillable pdfs and MUST BE OPENED IN ADOBE READER TO BE FILLED OUT. If you have trouble filling out this filllable pdf, please email us and ask for a copy in Word.
Your one-page Acting resume must be attached to your application email in Word or pdf format. We cannot read .pages files and do not accept .jpeg resumes.
You do not get an audition slot until you pay your invoice, which you should get within 48 hours after sending in your application. Once you pay your invoice, you will receive an email with your audition timeslot and details about the event.